The Lake Washington Club, Incorporated was organized in 1927 by members of the local Masonic Lodge as a place for their families to socialize and enjoy Lake Washington. At that time, the Club grounds were purchased and a pavilion and caretaker cabin were constructed. manual pdf Today the Club grounds consist of several acres of land with almost 300 feet of shoreline on the south shore of Lake Washington.
The Club thrived for many years with Masonic membership until the mid-1970’s when the Club was opened to associate members. manual pdf In 1999 the Club was reorganized under current non-profit laws with a perpetual corporate charter. manual pdf Under the present bylaws the Club grounds are preserved indefinitely for the benefit of its members and can only be dedicated to a public purpose in the event of a vote to dissolve.
The Lake Washington Club is a volunteer non-profit organization that is governed by a seven member Board of Directors, with annual member meetings to conduct business. The membership averages 60 social members with more than 35 members purchasing slip certificates for watercraft. The Club caretaker, Dale Guggisberg, manages dock and slip installation and removal, lawn service, beach grooming and assisting members with basic needs. The Club season runs from early May to mid-September. Members are entitled to use the grounds and beach with immediate family members and limited guests. Social members may store boats on the grounds for a modest additional fee with launch privileges at the Club ramp. Occasional larger gatherings are possible by arrangement with the caretaker.